We're very excited to consider your work. HOWEVER--a few caveats:
* 3-5 poems, all in the same file--.doc or .docx. If you absolutely cannot do either of these file formats, use PDF. Please no TextEdit or whatever.
* Simultaneous submissions are encouraged, so long as you let us know if your work is accepted elsewhere. Withdraw your submission via Submittable, or if it's a partial withdrawal, let us know on Submittable's "notes" feature. (Plz no emails.)
* Please wait to hear back from us before submitting again.
* Please do not withdraw your work to resubmit a revised version. All poems should be in their final state when you send 'em out.
* If we suspect that your submission has been filed by a professional coordinating service, we will probably reject it immediately.
* In your cover letter, please don't spend time telling us the names of all the people you've studied with. It's, like, totally boring!!
* It's a good idea to read our most recent issue before submitting in order to get a sense of the sort of poetry we tend to like.
THANK YOU! We look forward to reading!
One short story (up to 5000 words) or up to 3 pieces of flash fiction (less than 1000 words a piece). If submitting 3 shorter works, please include all pieces in one file.
Please submit in standard manuscript format (12-point font, double spaced, Times New Roman).
Do not withdraw your work and resubmit a revised version; all pieces should be in their final form when you send them out.
Simultaneous submissions are encouraged, but please let us know if a piece is accepted elsewhere by manually withdrawing your submission.If a flash piece needs to be withdrawn, please notify us via the notes tool on Submittable. Submit in .docx, .doc, or .pdf format.
If you already have a submission pending with us, please wait for a response before sending another.
It's a good idea to look at our most recent issue before submitting, to get a sense of the size and style of work we tend to like.
Please wait at least 120 days to query about the status of your manuscript. Questions and queries may be sent to email@example.com.